Sublime Forum

Debugging / Compiling C

I’m a Mac user and recently found this piece of software mostly because I was trying out new software, came across TextMate and that somehow lead me to ST2. I must say, this program is ALMOST amazing enough for me to replace Xcode with. There is one feature I’m looking for however, and I’m confident it’s existent somewhere. I’d like some Debugging options. I’m used to Xcode where I attempt to build the file and if there are syntax errors etc, it highlights them and basically spells out what the issue is. Being a fairly novice programmer and college student, this feature saves me a ton of time.

I realize that ST2 is not an IDE and that Xcode is. I also realize that Xcode likely has many more features than I will ever need to use.

Suggestions?

0 Likes

SublimeClang is just awesome for this. Each time you save, it will highlight any errors or warnings clang gives while running your program. You can get it via Package Control. If you don’t have Package Control, get it here: wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

Package Control is basically an essential plugin for ST2 that manages your plugins for you and updating/adding/deleting plugins is super easy with Cmd+Shift+P. You can literally add new plugins in 5 seconds. Just add Sublime Clang by installing Package Control, pressing Cmd+Shift+P and then entering “inst”, select “Install Package” and then type in SublimeClang and install that.

Alternatively, you can read this:
Sublime Clang: github.com/quarnster/SublimeClang/

0 Likes

That’s awesome! works flawlessly.

thank you.

0 Likes