Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Question regarding include paths for C/C++

Question regarding include paths for C/C++

Postby osx-addict on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi all.. I'm just eval'ing Sublime and love the speed! One question though.. Most of my project trees have include files in a central 'include' path and the source elsewhere.. When I use the menu "Goto->SwitchFile->Switch Header/Implementation", I'm assuming Sublime is supposed to pull up my header if I've got a C++ (or C) file loaded.. However, nothing happens -- probably because it wants to see the include file in the same directory as the source.. Is there a way to have it look through the project and pull it up that way? This is a feature I'm used to in Eclipse but can't find it here..

Also -- is there a way to find all references to a function when using a project? Just thought I'd ask! Thx!!
osx-addict

Re: Question regarding include paths for C/C++

Postby skuroda on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm assuming your analysis of the problem is right. Keep in mind that this really is a text editor, not a full IDE like Eclipse. That being said, the community developed plugins for Sublime Text is quite large. I haven't used it, but you may want to try/take a look at SublimeClang.
skuroda

Re: Question regarding include paths for C/C++

Postby osx-addict on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks! I do realize it 'aint Eclipse which is fine because Eclipse can be quite slow at times which is why I love the speed of Sublime.. It was able to load & syntax color a 7500 line C++ file in ~1 second whereas the same task in Eclipse was close to 15 seconds.. :o

I'll checkout the plugins!
osx-addict

Return to General Discussion