Sublime Forum

'Build' not working for JavaScript, outputs error

Running Sublime Text 3, default install on Xubuntu 14.04. Trying to run a simple console.log(“Hello World”) outputs an error after hitting ctrl+b to build:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc' [cmd: ['/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc', '/home/user/Desktop/test.js']] [dir: /home/user/Desktop] [path: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games] [Finished]

I’ve tried to create a new build system labeled JSC:

{ "cmd": "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc", "$file"], "selector": "source.js" }

And also tried node. Neither work. This is a fresh install of both Sublime Text 3 and Xubuntu 14.04. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work? I’m pretty new to both so I apologize if it’s something obvious.

0 Likes

[quote=“SallGoodman”]Running Sublime Text 3, default install on Xubuntu 14.04. Trying to run a simple console.log(“Hello World”) outputs an error after hitting ctrl+b to build:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc' [cmd: ['/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc', '/home/user/Desktop/test.js']] [dir: /home/user/Desktop] [path: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games] [Finished]

I’ve tried to create a new build system labeled JSC:

{ "cmd": "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/jsc", "$file"], "selector": "source.js" }

And also tried node. Neither work. This is a fresh install of both Sublime Text 3 and Xubuntu 14.04. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work? I’m pretty new to both so I apologize if it’s something obvious.[/quote]

AFAIK, jsc is an OSX-only tool. It should work if you use node (just make sure you install the “nodejs” package instead of “node” at apt-get).

0 Likes