Sublime Forum

[ST3][El Capitan] SASS build fails with Errno 2

Hi there!

New to forums, so hopefully this post isn’t confusing!

MY PROBLEM:

Just updated to El Capitan, and it seems to have messed things up for the ‘SASS Build’ package / plugin I’ve been using.
github.com/jaumefontal/SASS-Build-SublimeText2
I know typically this would be something directed to the plugin author but I think it might be a more general issue between El Capitan and Sublime Text.

Here’s the error message I’m getting when i tried to build sass with the aforementioned plugin / package (have replaced a real directory with /path/to/css/ for privacy)

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'sass' [cmd: ['sass', '--update', '.:/path/to/css/', '--stop-on-error', '--no-cache', '--style', 'expanded']] [dir: /path/to/css] [path: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin] [Finished]

I’ve confirmed sass in installed, with which sass (it’s in /usr/local/bin/sass )
I’ve also checked the $PATH variable thing in Terminal with echo $PATH ( and it does contain /usr/local/bin )
(sorry I don’t know a lot about unix, i guess $PATH sets which commands applications can access? so commands in /usr/local/bin (including sass) should be generally accessible to applications, based on my $PATH, right?)

But from the error message it looks like Sublime Text is only looking in the directories /usr/bin, /bin, /usr/sbin, and /sbin, so of course it’s not finding the sass command needed to build the file.

WHAT I’VE TRIED

I’ve tried creating a symlink to sass in /usr/bin, /bin, /usr/sbin, and /sbin (i’ve tried all those directories) with

sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/sass /usr/bin/sass

but i keep getting:

ln: /usr/bin/sass: Operation not permitted

even though i’ve done things through super user… this may be related to the new “feature” in El Capitan of restricted access to sensitive files?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Is there any quick fix I can use, maybe to get Sublime Text to also look in /usr/local/bin, where sass is installed? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? With this plugin / package, or maybe with other plugins / packages?

Thanks in advance for ay help anyone can give! If you need any more info please let me know!

0 Likes

El capitan
Setting build path under OS X

Okay, so obviously I’m a newbie to a lot of things, and it looks like this may be a non issue in terms of ST3’s role.
For reference, I ended up fixing the problem by modifying the Sass.sublime-build file, as below
( went to menu item Sublime Text > Preferences > Browse Packages, then opened the User folder to find the Sass.sublime-build file)

Before:

{ "cmd" : "sass", "--update", ".:${file_path}/", "--stop-on-error", "--no-cache", "--style", "expanded"], }
After:

{ "cmd" : "sass", "--update", ".:${file_path}/", "--stop-on-error", "--no-cache", "--style", "expanded"], "osx": { "path": "/usr/local/bin" } }

Note that I initially did get this warning message:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/universal-darwin15/rbconfig.rb:213: warning: Insecure world writable dir /usr/local/bin in PATH, mode 040777

but then ran sudo chmod go-w /usr/local/bin to get it go away. hope this isn’t a stupid solution, and that it helps anyone having similar problems!

0 Likes