Sublime Forum

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3

Hello Community

Earlier today I installed the Trimmer plugin. From this moment, each time I save a file, I get this in the console:

Exception in thread Thread-3: Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner File ".\threading.py", line 484, in run File "./history.py", line 73, in run File ".\posixpath.py", line 70, in join UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)

I removed Trimmer and the user pref file, restarted ST2, the error stays.

Any idea?

TIA

greg

0 Likes

Since you already determined the Trimmer plugin being to blame you should contact its developer or create a ticket and ask him to fix it. It might also be the result of various plugins interfering with one another.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

Is it possible that a plugin leaves some perturbations even after being removed? how can I trace the source of the problem?

greg

0 Likes

According to the traceback the error is most likely caused by “history.py” line 73, so I suggest you to check for a file named like this and look into that line. If this file is inside another package it might be that this one is causing the error and got startled by the Trimmer plugin. This, or something else has changed that day.

0 Likes