Sublime Forum

Disable tab dragging?

Hi guys.

For some reasons, when i click on a tab, i also drag the tab out of current window (so will open another window) and i find this very annoying.

So, there is a way to disable tab dragging (or at least add a modifier key to this) ?

Thanks!

// this seems to be fixed in ST3

1 Like

Clicking on tab creates a new window

I’d like to do this too. Or at least make it less sensetive to dragging. It currently creates a new window if you drag it to the titlebar. I do this a lot by mistake (drag it one pixel up and you’re dead). Sure would be nice if it only created a new window when you drag it out of the window entirely.

0 Likes

I do this as well and I don’t experience this with other similar UIs, such as browsers. An option to turn the feature off would be useful only as a temporary fix; it would be better if the behaviour was made less sensitive, because dragging to create a new window is useful on occasion.

0 Likes

any status on this?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Maybe I’m imagining things, but it seems to me that this issue is the same between ST2 and 3, although it’s more pronounced with the Soda theme with the square tabs, because there is no space between the tab and the top of the trough. I find that when using the default ST theme or the Soda theme with the classic (rounded) tabs I am less likely to drag off the tab. (Maybe.)

0 Likes

I’m using exactly soda with squared tabs. First version of ST3 didn’t had the issue present nor the following. So i’m good :smile:

0 Likes

I only move tabs horizontally (between columns), and I accidentally tear tabs off into new windows a few times per day, which is really quite annoying. How about an option to increase the vertical distance from the trough you have a to drag a tab before it starts to tear off? That would be extremely useful to me.

0 Likes

A tab creates a new window if the mouse exits the tabbar. I guess a little delay of time, or reducing the active area will help, another option is to expand the active area. I create new windows when trying to click tabs too.
I imagine we click the border of a tab, move the mouse 1px out of the tabbar, and that action, which is perceived as just a click by us will create a new window.

0 Likes

Bump.

It seems that latest dev version from few days ago reintroduced this annoying bug that i can’t always replicate but which is happening.

0 Likes

I just noticed this thread. I had just replied to an older thread about this very issue.

sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11303

Hope some of the inforamation there helps.

0 Likes

Sorry to bump this, but I am having the issue as well. It has happened probably 10 times today, and it is starting to drive me mad. Is there a fix for this? I am running the latest version of 3.

0 Likes

Ok guys. I’ve found the issue. It’s a problem with a plugin. GitGutter. If you’re having this problem, there is a good chance you’re using this plugin. If you disable all of the live update stuff in the plugins config, the problem goes away. Here are my settings after fixing the issue.

“git_binary”: “”,
“live_mode”: false,
“focus_change_mode”: false,
“non_blocking”: true,
“ignore_whitespace”: “none”,
“show_markers_on_untracked_file”: true,
“patience”: true

I hope this helps all of you who were suffering with the same issue. It really sucked. Please reply if this fixes your issue.

Thanks and ENJOY! :sunglasses:

0 Likes

[quote=“bikerdan”]Ok guys. I’ve found the issue. It’s a problem with a plugin. GitGutter. If you’re having this problem, there is a good chance you’re using this plugin. If you disable all of the live update stuff in the plugins config, the problem goes away. Here are my settings after fixing the issue.

“git_binary”: “”,
“live_mode”: false,
“focus_change_mode”: false,
“non_blocking”: true,
“ignore_whitespace”: “none”,
“show_markers_on_untracked_file”: true,
“patience”: true

I hope this helps all of you who were suffering with the same issue. It really sucked. Please reply if this fixes your issue.

Thanks and ENJOY! :sunglasses:[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, do have gitgutter installed, and at least I can confirm this still happens even if the live_mode is false, now I’m setting the focus_change_mode to false to see whether it helps.

0 Likes