Sublime Forum

Main windows doesn't redraw/refresh

From time to time when I resume from standby mode, Sublime doesn’t refresh. The main window just captures my background and doesn’t show anything.
Still didn’t figure the exact scenario to reproduce.
I’m using v20100217 - Attached a screenshot.

0 Likes

common bug caused somehow by directx9. If using opengl renderer I believe this doesn’t happen.
No news on a possible fix other than changing renderer to opengl, just know that you’re not alone happens to me (and I’m positive to others too) from time to time coming back from sleep/standby lol. Has not happened in a while, mainly since I switched to Win7

0 Likes

I get this every now and again since I switched back to directx. I was getting a lot of redraw artifacts relating to transparency when using opengl on WinXP. At least the directx problem can be fixed by closing and reopening ST, which will remember all of your tabs.

I’m not sure if the opengl transparency problems are still an issue in Win7.

0 Likes

[quote=“GreyWyvern”]I get this every now and again since I switched back to directx. I was getting a lot of redraw artifacts relating to transparency when using opengl on WinXP. At least the directx problem can be fixed by closing and reopening ST, which will remember all of your tabs.

I’m not sure if the opengl transparency problems are still an issue in Win7.[/quote]

Restart once in a while is not an issue, but something I’m going to standby mode without saving, and when I fire up the laptop, I don’t know how to answer: do you like to save your changes.

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]common bug caused somehow by directx9. If using opengl renderer I believe this doesn’t happen.
No news on a possible fix other than changing renderer to opengl, just know that you’re not alone happens to me (and I’m positive to others too) from time to time coming back from sleep/standby lol. Has not happened in a while, mainly since I switched to Win7[/quote]

Good to know, I’m not alone. I’ll give opengl a chance, hope to switch to Win7 soon.

0 Likes

I get this one as well when coming back from Hibernate and this is on Windows 7. The quick way out is to close the window and then kill the sublimetext.exe task from the task manager. Sublime then loads back up (including un-saved documents!).

It almost looks like the UI becomes “detached” from the main process. Very odd. Is this a known bug being worked on?

JDB

0 Likes

As far as I’m aware, it’s not possible to work around this problem with the existing Direct3D API. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at it, and haven’t been able to come up with anything satisfactory.

If you’re unable to use the OpenGL renderer, then the best bet is to do a File/Exit and preserve session, then open Sublime Text again: this will get you right back where you were, with all the files still open and no changes lost.

0 Likes

So if the DirectX issues can’t be fixed, can the OpenGL transparency issues be looked at? I hate being in a lose-lose situation :wink:

0 Likes

umm what version of DX are u guys using? I am on DX11 and since I switched to win7 it hasn’t happened at all. I thought it was luck but is been months now… maybe just me? any other win7 user on DX11 can offer any input?

0 Likes

Mine is Windows 7 Professional 32-bit with DirectX 11 on a Core 2 Duo laptop.

This only happens after a hibernate or sleep session.

0 Likes