Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime won't start due to Markdown error

Sublime won't start due to Markdown error

Postby kempes on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi,
I am a totally newbie to sublime text2 and is experiencing an issue of sublime text 2 starting because of this error.

The cause of this can be traced back to when I tried to install the Brett Terpstra Markdown 2 plugin and it gave the error. I've tried installing and reinstalling it on my Windows 7 Home Premium edition but I still get the error. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks
kempes

Re: Sublime won't start due to Markdown error

Postby skuroda on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Open that file in another editor (something like notepad will suffice). Remove the comma on line 9, and the problem should be solved (for now at least). You may also want to notify him to the error by creating a github issue. All of the settings files in Sublime Text are JSON. That error is telling you that the JSON parse failed. Hope that helps.
skuroda

Postby kempes on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 am

It hasn't work because apparently the newly updated sublime text 2 doesn't have packages folder but have the Pristine Package instead as seen below:

Once you open the MarkDown file, this is what I see. I don't now comma to be deleted.

Is it that I need the original folder or something? Please help
kempes

Postby skuroda on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 am

The packages folder is not located in under program files, rather it is specific to a user. Your specific configurations are located at "%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages". On my machine, it is something like "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\" (replacing username with yours). You can check where %APPDATA% is pointing by executing the following command in the command prompt "echo %APPDATA%".
skuroda

Postby kempes on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 pm

After I found the %AppData% folder by going to start -> run and type in %appdata%. It shows all the programs. I basically just deleted the sublime folder and reinstalled it successfully.

Thanks for all your help.
kempes

Return to Technical Support