There's a minor bug that's bugging me
related to proportional fonts.
Since I switched to SublimeText I've been able to use proportional fonts for coding, something I've been wanting to do for a while, but could not do on my previous editor (Vim.) It all works very well. I've tried a number of different fonts and have settled on Verdana 13. It's a definite improvement over monospaced fonts.
The only thing that's somewhat off is the tab size. To get a tab size of approximately 4 spaces I have to set tab_size to 2. It would seem that SublimeText is reading the tab_size setting in em units. In fact, with my tab_size setting of 2 I get tabs just as wide as 2 em-dashes "—"
This does not pose a problem when I'm editing my own files, where I use tab characters for indentation, but it causes a graphical glitch when editing files that use spaces for indentation.
With the awesome detect_indentation feature I can open any kind of file and ST will automatically detect the correct tab_size for each file. But when it detects eg. 4 spaces and sets tab_size to 4, then it draws the dotted lines at 4em intervals… which is completely off from the actual indentation of 4 space characters.
I believe the correct behaviour would be to interpret tab_size as a multiple of the current font's space character width, instead of em units.