Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

How to make spaces always show as raised dots

How to make spaces always show as raised dots

Postby NginUS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi,

I'm coming from using Komodo IDE, where all the spaces were displayed as dots, but up in the middle of the vertical area above where a period would be. They would be at the same height as would be a dash (-), but a dot (.) rather than a line. I thought I saw Sublime Text doing this at one point, but its not anymore & I don't see where to set it to _always_ do this for me.

How can I set this behavior?

Thanks.
NginUS

Re: How to make spaces always show as raised dots

Postby adzenith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am

By default it shows the dots inside of a selection. There's an option called something like "show_whitespace" (check the default settings) that you'll want to change.
adzenith

Postby NginUS on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I didn't see anything in default settings to that effect, which is why I was asking here. I was hoping someone could tell me of an undocumented setting I could input into user settings it would listen to.

But in lieu of always showing dots this way, I can live with the current behavior of having to select to see, I'll get used to it.

Thanks.
NginUS

Postby skuroda on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm

The setting you are looking for is "draw_white_space". You can set it to "none", "selection", or "all". I believe "all" is what you are looking for.
skuroda

Postby NginUS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

skuroda wrote:The setting you are looking for is "draw_white_space". You can set it to "none", "selection", or "all". I believe "all" is what you are looking for.

Thanks.
NginUS

Return to Technical Support