Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Why can't I edit or apply styles to HTML?

Why can't I edit or apply styles to HTML?

Postby yoshi3329 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

For some strange reason, I cannot edit or apply styles to html in Sublime Text 2. I cannot do internal styles or link to external styles. However, if I take code that I have done into Dreamweaver or Notepad++, the styles are applied and editable? How can I get sublime Text 2 to allow me apply and edit styles?

I have Windows 7 and I'm new to HTML and CSS. I'm trying to learn different code editors, but it's quite difficult when the editors won't work :(

Thanks!

ETA: When I mean styles I mean css. I can't view any css styling on my html page on Sublime text 2. Only when I use notepad++ or dreamweaver. I can't see css in a browser when I use sublime text 2.

Here's my code:

Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<style>
    body{
        background: orange;
    }

</style>

<body>
</body>
</html>
yoshi3329

Re: Why can't I edit or apply styles to HTML?

Postby agibsonsw on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm lost. If you save your code and view the page in a browser you will see an orange background :?:. What else are you expecting?

You can also create inline styles or attach a stylesheet and they will be applied when viewed in a browser, as long as the syntax is correct and an external stylesheet is saved in the correct location.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Return to Technical Support