Sublime Forum

ST3: default package snippets

How does one go about modifying the behaviour of a default snippet now they’re zipped up and locked away inside the app?

Is there a way to override the defaults within ‘User’ snippets in the ‘Packages’ directory?

0 Likes

Seconded, with request to expansion to other packages. The “;” Vintage motion is broken in ST3, and I’d be happy to troubleshoot it myself. Is there some magic I should go through to drop into a “developer-mode” to help out?

It’s fine if the answer is “log the bug, but don’t muck about until ST3 itself is stable”, just checking that I’m not missing something. Perhaps I should be branching Vintage as a separate package from somewhere so as not to disturb the standard distribution?

0 Likes

There are some details about overriding files at sublimetext.com/docs/3/packages.html

0 Likes

This is excellent, in that it will provide a clear path to layer customizations on top of stock packages.

0 Likes

That’s the plan, the previous PackageSetup based system was fairly prone to failure.

Plugins will not currently work properly with overrides, but it is on the todo list to fix.

0 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Many thanks for the link and all the hard work.

0 Likes

Ah, got it. I had an inkling that this was going on; the docs make it real clear. Thanks.

Note that this changes the interaction mode a bit-- e.g., the README.TXT in the Vintage package now isn’t visible unless the user intentionally unzips it somewhere.

0 Likes