Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[ST3 bug] Corrupted 'Session.sublime_session' by opening .js

[ST3 bug] Corrupted 'Session.sublime_session' by opening .js

Postby drhouse on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

So far, Sublime3 has been fantastic, but I recently had a serious problem.

I had set Sublime3 to be the default editor for working on .js userscripts for Greasemonkey in Firefox. It was working fine for a long time, but then I tried opening a file named 'mininav-1' (by right-clicking on it in the icon menu) and Sublime3 froze on the loading screen.

After manually exiting, further attempts to simply open the program resulted in crashes. From inspecting 'Session.sublime_session', it seems Sublime might have loaded the entire javascript into the namespace instead of 'mininav-1'.

Subsequently removing the corrupt code failed to fix the session file and any unsaved changes could have been lost.

Anyway, after deleting 'Session.sublime_session' and running the program, it opened and created a new session file.

Luckily, prior to encountering this bug, I had previously edited the User Settings to Save on focus switch, so nothing was lost, but this could potentially effect other people.
drhouse
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 16 guests