Sublime Forum

Default user settings

Hi

I set up Sublime fine on my mac ages ago and it works fine. I wanted to use it on my PC so I set it up and within Sublime I tried to change some of the settings and had slightly forgotten how. I played around a bit and decided to come back to it later however now when I try and launch Sublime there is an error message and it won’t open.

The error message is to do with the user settings. I found the file it had a problem with and edited it in a text editor. I couldn’t remember how to correct it so I erased all of the text thinking that with nothing to cause errors it would open and perhaps set up a new default settings file. Can anybody tell me what text is in the file by default so I can edit the file again and paste in the default settings so Sublime will open? Or tell me if there’s a better solution. Thanks.

(I’m taking about the preferences.sublime-settings file in:
c:users>(name)>appdata>roaming>sublime text 2>packages>user
(or wherever it is on most people’s computers, it possibly varies).

I’m just so out of practice and forgotten everything but can’t open it to refresh my memory >.<

Thanks

0 Likes

I’ve possibly found it, not really sure gist.github.com/fumitoito/3130499
I’ll try it I guess.

0 Likes

I think my last post is wrong but I typed in

// Settings in here override those in “Default/Preferences.sublime-settings”, and
// are overridden in turn by file type specific settings.
{
}

which is apparently the default and it works. Yay.

Left here in case someone else has my problem or even me, in the future… :neutral_face:

0 Likes