Sublime Forum

Install Package Doing Nothing in latest ST2

Selecting Install Package from Package Control does nothing. I have debug on and no errors. Help…

0 Likes

It is February 2013 and I cannot get package control working. I installed it and it is there. When I command + shift + p, the window pops up and the fuzzy search finds install packages and then I hit enter and then it calculates something for a split second and then just disappears. No list of radical packageness. Any advice on this? I used it forever and then cleaned and reinstalled everything on my computer. No luck since. I’ve deleted and reinstalled sublime 2 and the package multiple times. Mystery! Help! I don’t want to be without you my friend!

0 Likes

Hi, I think ST2 has great potential but I too am having issues with the package control and installing new packages. I am still evaluating at this point and not sure if that is the reason why I cant use ST2 to its potential.

0 Likes

You may want to try creating an issue on the github page (link). It’s probably worthwhile to create a gist or something with the Sublime Text console output since simply saying “It doesn’t work” doesn’t really help with tracking down issues. Of course, you can post the same the output here too and see if anyone can help.

0 Likes

Definitely create a github issue. Providing support through this forum is hard, mostly because there is no notification system, so it takes a lot of work to check a bunch of topics and see if a response has been posted.

That said, when you create a github issue, be sure to include debug info from the console. wbond.net/sublime_packages/packa … ting-debug

0 Likes