Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[ST3] reverse find direction is a pain

[ST3] reverse find direction is a pain

Postby allixsenos on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 am

it seems ST3 got rid of the button to toggle search direction (which makes search work from the bottom of a file to the top), which is fine, I never knew it was there til a colleague pointed it out in ST2 while I was bitching about this

but. the feature still exists in code

{ "keys": ["super+i"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "incremental_find", "reverse":false} },
{ "keys": ["super+shift+i"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "incremental_find", "reverse":true} },

cmd+shift+i will trigger reverse find which is fine but the setting will stick making all future use of find work in the wrong direction

since the only UI I'm aware of was removed, there's no way to fix it except to use cmd+i which sets it to false

either those shortcuts shouldn't even exist in ST3 or the reverse:true shouldn't cause a global flag to be set which can only be un-set by an equally obscure keyboard shortcut
allixsenos

Re: [ST3] reverse find direction is a pain

Postby memeLab on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 pm

thanks for this note! i was going crazy!
i didn't realise that I'd hit cmd+shift I..

for those coming after, to set direction forwards again, hit Cmd+i to incremental search forwards.

I've added:

Code: Select all
[
    { "keys": ["super+shift+i"], "command": "noop"}
]

to my Sublime Text > Preferences > Key Bindings - User file to disable the shortcut altogether.
memeLab

Return to Technical Support