Sublime Forum

Running sublime text2

I have just downloaded the Windows 7 64bit version of sublime text 2. Two files are now in my download folder: “package control.sublime-package” and “sublime text 2.0.1 x64 setup.exe”. I ran the setup.exe file and it seems to have installed without errors. When I click on “sublime text2” in my programs folder, nothing at all seems to happen. Task manager shows that the program is running but the GUI does not appear anywhere. I’ve tried running this as administrator with the same results. I am at a loss as to what I should do next. Am I supposed to do somthing with that package control.sublime-package file before I even fire up the text editor. I expected at the very least to be able to see the text editor window when I start the program.

0 Likes

It sounds like there was an error on start up. Sublime Text, if I recall, is less than graceful about failures. Though it’s odd that you did a clean install and it didn’t work. Try killing the process and restarting (though I would expect the same behavior). Just to ensure that you are starting from a “fresh state”, you can try reverting (sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html). You don’t have to do anything with package control prior to starting Sublime Text as, at the end of the day, it’s just another plugin.

0 Likes