Sublime Forum

Request to take down ST1 Documentation

Just a request to remove the ST1 documentation or add a clear message that those are outdated. Either that or, like sublimetext.com/docs/file-type-preferences

Thank you.

0 Likes

How do I include compiler flags?

The documentation layout is extremely confusing. I usually search for something on Google and I get a result for a page. The doc pages show no context or tree around them to show how to navigate to other pages in the documentation. There are many times I have done a search - found a ST1 page (and not known it) - and then I assumed it was the current documentation so had to ask for help on this forum. I can vouch that if the documentation was better layed out these forums would be operating much more smoothly - since many new users here have to ask basic API usage questions since they are unable to find things properly in the docs.

Bad layout from official Docs - no context or tree to allow user to read the rest of the documentation:
sublimetext.com/docs/key-bindings

Good layout from unofficial Docs - has a left tree, if a user finds a page they can find other stuff and start learning plugin dev:
docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/ … s_osx.html

Another example of a good layout showing a left tree of the structure of the documentation:
stripesframework.org/display … Extensions

0 Likes