Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Control-backtick does not work on Windows (UK Keyboard)

Control-backtick does not work on Windows (UK Keyboard)

Postby p.f.moore on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm using Sublime Text 2 and 3, and the same issue occurs in both. Control+backtick (defined as "Show Console") does not register. From checking sublime.log_commands, it looks like this key is not being recognised at all. However, Control+single quote does work for "Show Console" - even though it is not defined as a key binding at all in the defaults.

This is with a UK keyboard (where backtick is on the top left key, just above tab, and single quote is on the key to the right of semicolon). I've tried a keyboard macro program, and it reports that backtick on my keyboard is virtual key 223.

Paul
p.f.moore

Re: Control-backtick does not work on Windows (UK Keyboard)

Postby p.f.moore on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Really no response to this? I'm not reporting it so much as a question, but as a bug. Is there a better place for straight bug reports? (The "support" page directs me here).
p.f.moore

Postby jps on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 pm

You can enter sublime.log_input(True) in the console to see what keys Sublime Text thinks are being sent to it
jps
Site Admin

Postby qgates on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 am

Yes, UK here too and ctrl+apostrophe (right of semicolon) does the trick here under windows, but backtick does not work.

On my linux laptops however it's the backtick key. The confusion between the two OSes is quite annoying, but not nearly so annoying as not being able to rid myself of the menubar in distraction free mode under linux ;)
qgates

Postby p.f.moore on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 am

jps wrote:You can enter sublime.log_input(True) in the console to see what keys Sublime Text thinks are being sent to it

None at all. It sees Ctrl+' as Ctrl+` and does not see any input from Ctrl+`. Same on both ST2 and ST3. This is definitely a bug.
Paul.
p.f.moore

Postby zchrykng on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 am

I am also having this problem. But I am using a normal US style keyboard.

Despite the following being in the keybindings file,

Code: Select all
{ "keys": ["ctrl+`"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "console", "toggle": true} },

Code: Select all
ctrl+'

Is what is working for me.

-Zach

Windows 7 Sublime Text build 2217
zchrykng

Return to Technical Support