Sublime Forum

Sublime Tortoise

Seems to be a no go with st3, though not sure why.

Installed via package control.

Enabled the path to Tortoise Git via user settings enough though install location is standard.

Commands appear on the context menu, but are always greyed out. The directory is a git project and tortoise works via the shell and in PyScripter (which simply exposes the shell context menu).

I also have the sidebar extras installed. Any possibility of a conflict?

Should I go back and try on st2?

0 Likes

One problem is that the settings refers to:
“git_tortoiseproc_path”: “C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin\TortoiseProc.exe”

but the actual exe is:
“git_tortoiseproc_path”: “C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin\TortoiseGitProc.exe”

But, that doesn’t fix it in st3. Still greyed out commands on context menu.

Maybe it doesn’t work with Tortoise 1.8.1.0, which is the latest version. Anyone know?

Also tried on st2. It’s even worse. When right clicking in sidebar just get error dialog: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified.

0 Likes

It’s not compatible yet. See github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … e-Packages for a partial list of compatible packages. Of course, if you see one that isn’t there, feel free to add it. Tortoise is under the “Not working” group.

0 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work with TortoiseGit 1.8.1.0 in ST2 either.

I have been maintaining a fork of Sublime Tortoise (where I pull in others pull requests and fixes posted in the issues tab) here: github.com/atwright147/sublime_tortoise

I actually came to this forum to ask how to force more error reporting in the console to see where the error resides (I’m no Python dev but would love to get it working again if I can).

0 Likes