Sublime Forum

ST3 3021 hangs, leaves plugin_host running at high CPU

I tried loading the plugin at github.com/ajpalkovic/SublimePl … ghlight.py into ST3 3021. The plugin did not say if it would work with ST3 and I found that it does not. ST3 hangs when trying to load it. I had to do a “force quit” on my Mac to kill it. I ran ST3 again and it immediately hanged again, and I killed it again. I removed the plugin and then ST3 ran normally.

After some time I noticed my laptop was getting very warm, and I was only editing text. I looked at the running processes and saw there were three instances of “plugin_host” running, two of them using 90+% CPU. I exited ST3. Those two “plugin_hosts” were still there, so I manually killed them.

0 Likes

I am seeing this as well. In my case I am running Mac OS 10.8 (a fresh install). I find that it will work fine for a day, in the evening I just close the laptop and let it go into standby mode. Then the next morning, usually within a 5-45 minutes of opening it back up I start having problems with the entire system locking up. It quickly gets so bad that I cannot even force close out of anything and only the mouse responds. I have to reboot using the power button.

Since i stopped using ST3 the problem has gone away.

0 Likes

This is because of the way the plugin runs; it doesn’t work in ST3 well. I use a modified version of that script for my personal use, it is here if you are interested: github.com/facelessuser/sublime … ht_word.py.

0 Likes