Sublime Forum

Menus not appearing on ST2 / Ubuntu 12.04

I’m running Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity desktop, and using the most recent release of ST2. The menu bar items appear correctly, but clicking on them produces a submenu approximately 4 pixels high with no actual content.

This used to happen after ST2 had been running for a while, and restarting ST2 fixed it; now the menus are blank immediately on starting ST2, and restarting doesn’t help.

Is there any workaround for this? It makes using ST2 a bit difficult, to say the least…

To head off some questions: I can’t switch to ST3 yet, I can’t go past Ubuntu 12.04 as that’s the latest version supported by the driver for the graphics card, and switching from Unity isn’t an option unless my employer would like to replace this box with a Mac :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, ST3 should work on 12.04 just fine.

0 Likes

Yes, but:

• I don’t think all the packages I’m using are ST3-ready yet, and
  • I’m still using the ST2 trial, which means no access to ST3 until I can find out how to get my employer to pay for it…

Surely I can’t be the only one who’s had this problem with ST2? (Or maybe I’m just the only one who likes Unity :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Interestingly, after removing SublimeCodeIntel due to its habit of pegging the CPU at 100%, the problem seems to have gone away. I’ll see if that provides a long-term fix, or if I’ve just hit a lucky period where the menus work :smile:

0 Likes