Sublime Forum

ST3 duplicates open folders

I’ve googled, asked in IRC, and searched the forum without any luck: Sublime Text 3 seems to be duplicating already open folders when they are called again.

i understand that i can add files to the existing opened window but lets say i want to keep different sublime windows open for different projects - maybe i’ve got /var/www open and also ~/Dropbox/test/ open

thats great but if I run subl ~/Dropbox/test/ it doesn’t just bring that one to the front - I get a new window - so there are 3 total and two are duplicates

In the IRC Moo-_- with ST2 on Mac OS X claims that it is working fine for him. I’m also on OS X but with ST3 and it is not working.

i looked through the prefs without any luck. i dont really wanna downgrade to ST2. I did pay for ST3…

I have written one plugin for ST so far and am familiar with the (Region) API - the window API seems rather limited - you can see what folder is currently open - but only for the window that you are currently in. Also I don’t know if there is any way for an external program to interface with Sublime Text to see what files are open - if this was the case I would be happy to write a bash script to check if a folder was already open before opening it with a script (is that possible - by the way? because I’d like to use it for some other things)

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

So apparently doing open -a "Sublime Text.app" /path/to/folder will not cause duplicate windows - however doing subl /path/to/folder will cause duplicate windows.

Can this get submitted as an issue for the command line tool?

0 Likes