Sublime Forum

Where to start?!

I am a new comer from FlashDevelop, I expected to see some thing like new project, new AS3 project, or haxe project … etc
but, I couldn’t find such options … any idea?

0 Likes

Sublime is an Editor, not an IDE. From the FlashDevelop website, I can see that you’ve come from an IDE. Yes such options don’t exist on Sublime Text.

0 Likes

Open your project folder (File > Open folder) then save this project (Project > Save Project as)
Later all saved projects could be rapidly switched with Ctrl-Alt-P shortcut
Also be sure that your Side bar is opened (View > Side bar \ Ctrl-K, Ctrl-B)

0 Likes

Just an editor?! I am sorry to ask, why it dose worth to buy?

0 Likes

Because for a lot of people it’s much more effective/productive than an IDE.

And not all computers can handle an IDE without any delays. :smile:

0 Likes

I feel that I am missing something that those people haven’t!
Can you please show me or guide me how to increase my productivity with Sublime Text 2 rather using an IDE like FlashDevelop? I am expecting to see some specific settings for each project type, ex: AS3, HAXE NME, HAXE JS, RoR … etc
I really appreciate it if you can enlighten me to use it for Ruby On Rails, as I am using RubyMine on a virtual machine & its really slow as you said …

Thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“hopewise”]
Can you please show me or guide me how to increase my productivity with Sublime Text 2 rather using an IDE like FlashDevelop? I am expecting to see some specific settings for each project type, ex: AS3, HAXE NME, HAXE JS, RoR … etc
I really appreciate it if you can enlighten me to use it for Ruby On Rails, as I am using RubyMine on a virtual machine & its really slow as you said …

Thanks[/quote]

I’m afraid I have no experience with Ruby so I can’t provide any help myself.

But if you want to make Sublime Text more like an IDE you just have to install the plugins you need in order to be more IDE-like.

Here’s the plugin that all Sublime Text users should have: wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control
A package manager. Which will allow you to easily install everything you need, or uninstall it, or whatever you want. :smile:

Hope this helps. :wink:

0 Likes