Sublime Forum

wrapLines bug

I really like how wrapLines just does the right thing when lines are commented out. However, there seems to be a bug in it when wrapping indented lines. Here are three comments, all intended to wrap at character 80:

//                                                                              |
// This should never happen, because if we don't recognize the type we should   |
// have already returned.                                                       |
//                                                                              |
                                                                                |
            //                                                                  |
            // This should never happen, because if we don't                    |
            // recognize the type we should have already                        |
            // returned.                                                        |
            //                                                                  |
                                                                                |
                            //                                                  |
                            // This should never                                |
                            // happen, because if                               |
                            // we don't recognize                               |
                            // the type we should                               |
                            // have already                                     |
                            // returned.                                        |
                            //                                                  |

The second paragraph was indented a bit and wrapping oddly (i.e., it’s staying too far from the ruler at 80), so I indented it even more and re-wrapped. As you can see, the effect is dramatic. As far as I can tell, the distance from the ruler depends on the indentation level.

0 Likes