Sublime Forum

Sublime does not support Chinese?

Sublime does not support Chinese?

0 Likes

ST supports Simplified Chinese just fine here, although there is a noticeable delay when opening and making selections in files containing Chinese text. Make sure you have the fonts available to display the characters. I’m not sure if ST only loads TrueType fonts or what…

0 Likes

SL support UTF8 Chinese, but not really working properly with GB2312/GBK/CP936/Windows-936 Chinese text. Not sure if HK or BIG5 works.

0 Likes

[quote=“est”]

SL support UTF8 Chinese, but not really working properly with GB2312/GBK/CP936/Windows-936 Chinese text. Not sure if HK or BIG5 works.[/quote]

“Not really working properly” – can you please be more specific? Are we talking about encoding/decoding issues here? Display issues? Data corruption?

0 Likes

[quote=“asmodai”]

SL support UTF8 Chinese, but not really working properly with GB2312/GBK/CP936/Windows-936 Chinese text. Not sure if HK or BIG5 works.

“Not really working properly” – can you please be more specific? Are we talking about encoding/decoding issues here? Display issues? Data corruption?[/quote]

well since I mentioned UTF8 and GBK it’s obvious encoding issue

0 Likes

ST2 Linux open chinese file , but can’t display.

0 Likes

I’m planning to look into supporting chinese properly after the stable version of Sublime Text 2 is released.

There are two possible issues going on here:

• It could be a file encoding issue. Sublime Text 2 will assume all files are UTF-8 by default (unless they start with a UTF-16 BOM) - none of the other CJK encodings are supported yet.
  • It could also be a font issue, which would be my guess here. Sublime Text 2 doesn’t make use of any fallback fonts on Linux, so if the current font doesn’t have the required glyphs, then they won’t be found in any other font.
0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]I’m planning to look into supporting chinese properly after the stable version of Sublime Text 2 is released.

There are two possible issues going on here:

• It could be a file encoding issue. Sublime Text 2 will assume all files are UTF-8 by default (unless they start with a UTF-16 BOM) - none of the other CJK encodings are supported yet.
  • It could also be a font issue, which would be my guess here. Sublime Text 2 doesn’t make use of any fallback fonts on Linux, so if the current font doesn’t have the required glyphs, then they won’t be found in any other font.[/quote]

Yes, I change a fixed “monaco” and “Yahei Chinese” font, Now chinese can display. now, the only problem for me is can’t use “Ctrl+Space” to active Chinese Input method. I change “Ctrl+Space” binding none. But also not work with input method.

0 Likes

[quote=“fred”]

Yes, I change a fixed “monaco” and “Yahei Chinese” font, Now chinese can display. now, the only problem for me is can’t use “Ctrl+Space” to active Chinese Input method. I change “Ctrl+Space” binding none. But also not work with input method.[/quote]

Hi Fred ,I am just interested how you change your font setting? I am on Ubuntu linux

0 Likes

[quote=“harryli”]

[quote=“fred”]

Yes, I change a fixed “monaco” and “Yahei Chinese” font, Now chinese can display. now, the only problem for me is can’t use “Ctrl+Space” to active Chinese Input method. I change “Ctrl+Space” binding none. But also not work with input method.[/quote]

Hi Fred ,I am just interested how you change your font setting? I am on Ubuntu linux[/quote]

Just use a fixed font for sublime.

0 Likes

thanks Fred , It does solve my problem of display the Chinese. Now I can read Chinese with ST2.

like as you said , now the problem is we can’t input Chinese here . looks like in Ubuntu , the system doesn’t recognize the ST2 window as an input area.

0 Likes

Chinese display have problem on current sublime 2 version.

Jqs, can you look at “geany” editor, it chinese / japanese work good. Thanks. We need Chinese display and input work . :exclamation:

0 Likes