Sublime Forum

Some keyboard commands not working

Hi,

I just installed Sublime today and it looks great, but some of the key commands are not working. I’ve already tried adding the commands to the user keymap:

{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+l"], "command": "split_selection_into_lines" }, { "keys": "ctrl+shift+p"], "command": "show_overlay", "args": {"overlay": "command_palette"} } ]

When I issue “sublime.log_input(True)” and “sublime.log_command(True)” in the console, I can see key and command events for other keys and shortcuts, but those listed above do not fire, either for input or command. If I map the commands to other keys (like ‘ctrl+shift+;’) they start working.

I’m running Windows 7 SP1 and Sublime Text version 2.0.1 Build 2217.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James

0 Likes

Do you have some other app that’s stealing those keys? Something with global shortcuts?

0 Likes

Not that I can tell. I’ve tried those command combos in other contexts and they don’t seem to do anything. I’ll keep looking but at this point I’m baffled.

0 Likes

What about your graphics driver or something? A lot of times things like that just bind random keys to things you never want to do.

0 Likes

Well, the computer that was having that issue just bricked. I think I lost the hard drive. Problem solved. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks much for the suggestions anyway.

0 Likes

This same thing is happening to me. At first, it was CMD-SHIFT-P for Command Palette that stopped working. That persisted regardless of restart, and lasted for a few days. Now, I suddenly can’t save with CMD-S, either. Save from the File menu works fine. CMD-S works fine in every other application.

I’m on 10.8.5, with Sublime build 3047. Any ideas? Can I supply logs or anything useful?

0 Likes