Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: plugin_host crashing : ReadDirectoryChangesW fails

ST3: plugin_host crashing : ReadDirectoryChangesW fails

Postby Xaapyks on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am

Hi,

I'm encountering this problem, mainly when I come out of hibernation on Windows 7 :
Code: Select all
ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64
error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

Known issue ? Could this be caused by a plugin? (If it did, it would still be a bug in the ST3 core right ? )
Last edited by Xaapyks on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xaapyks

Re: ST3: plugin_host crashing : ReadDirectoryChangesW fails

Postby Xaapyks on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

Just got it again without even using hibernation:

Unable to auto detect encoding, using fallback encoding Western (ISO 8859-15)
Unable to auto detect encoding, using fallback encoding Western (ISO 8859-15)
error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted
Xaapyks

Postby Xaapyks on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:07 am

Still hapenning at hibernation wakeup with ST3 3052

Package Control: Error downloading channel. (errno 12152) during HTTP write phase of downloading https://sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json.
Xaapyks

Postby nalandial on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Not sure if it's with "ReadDirectoryChangesW fails", but this happens to me pretty often, almost always when I'm using the build command to execute something, or sometimes when I've just had ST3 open for a long time. This is on Windows 7 with 64-bit build 3047. I'm not sure if there are logs somewhere but if so I'll be happy to post the relevant info.

I'm not using any plugins.
nalandial

Postby edubkendo on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:04 am

I've been seeing this very frequently on build 3053. I'm running 64bit Ubuntu 12.04, installed via .deb. Not seeing any other error, besides a popup which tells me "plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted" and this is repeated in the console. This actually happens most frequently WHEN I open the console, btw.Or swap between the active buffer and the console input bar. I really wish this gave some backtrace information or something, because I've installed some new plugins recently as well as installed the current build and would like to know if the behavior can be traced to one of them in my case, so I could disable it until the problem is solved, or if its in core, since the behavior began recently for me.
edubkendo

Postby Xaapyks on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 am

edubkendo wrote:I've been seeing this very frequently on build 3053. I'm running 64bit Ubuntu 12.04, installed via .deb. Not seeing any other error, besides a popup which tells me "plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted" and this is repeated in the console. This actually happens most frequently WHEN I open the console, btw.Or swap between the active buffer and the console input bar. I really wish this gave some backtrace information or something, because I've installed some new plugins recently as well as installed the current build and would like to know if the behavior can be traced to one of them in my case, so I could disable it until the problem is solved, or if its in core, since the behavior began recently for me.

For it often happens while I'm opening another file in my project.
Do you have another error printed before this plugin_host message ?

Also I forgot to mention that I mainly work thourgh samba shares. For those who get the same kind of crash, do you work on remote filesystems too ?
This is VERY annoying, especially when I have several open windows since closing/reopening ST3 won't restore the other ones automatically, only the last closed one.
Xaapyks

Postby edubkendo on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:53 am

As far as working on remote filesystem, no I never do that. it's always local files.

As for closing/reopening, I dunno what your particular settings are, but with my settings the way they are, if I press ctrl + q to quit all windows at once, when I restart sublime all my windows open back up. The most annoying part for me is that I usually use several different desktops, with one or two subl windows in each, and when I restart, they all open up in one, all stacked up and I have to sort them back out. But that sounds much less annoying than having to go in and reopen a bunch of different folders in seperate windows each time.
edubkendo

Postby ventaur on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:00 am

plugin_host crashes for me almost every time I resume from hibernation on Windows 7 64-bit.
ventaur

Postby gregbair on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 am

ventaur wrote:plugin_host crashes for me almost every time I resume from hibernation on Windows 7 64-bit.

This happens to me as well.
gregbair

Postby imkingdavid on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

This error occurs for me any time I leave the program open for a long period of time, or when I put the computer to sleep and wake it back up. I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer.
imkingdavid

Next

Return to Technical Support