Sublime Forum

Sublime has changed its look and feel after lockup

Greetings,

I started sublime text 2 (201) after some sort of lockup and it is now giving me multiple sessions rather than multiple tabs. Also each of the tabs is empty. I am doing the rails tutorial and have just gotten into chapter three where they were trying to show me what happens when we start sublime text 2 with “subl .” within a command prompt. Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall and then go through the one hour configuration process that I went through the first time? I cannot figure what caused this crash in the first place. I am running in Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS. I have been using it a lot to do chapter two of the rails tutorial and all of a sudden it changes behavior. Also, anything that I can back up so that if I do have to reinstall, I can? I am running in a windows 8 environment using virtualbox to run the Ubuntu virtual environment. I can go back and use an earlier virtual environment to restore some things if that would help. Please let me know what I should do.

0 Likes

I am not sure what to expect here. I posted this on Sunday and I am noticing that it has not gotten any feedback. Since I am completely DOWN and cannot proceed with my class, I am about to abandon the editor and re-install and re-configure. This is a major setback. It takes me anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours to do this and I am not really happy about the prospect. I am using the instructions for setting this up for Ruby on Rails based on the Rails Tutorial.

The thing that happened was that I started sublime by typing “subl .” in a terminal session and instead of getting the single window as normal, I got 4 empty windows that would not respond to any keystroke. The editor if started anywhere causes the lockup and I have to kill the process to end it. I hope that this is not software developed by the “Not Ready for Prime Time” developers. It worked flawlessly until Sunday when I was no longer able to edit code. If you can answer me how to fix this before Friday/Saturday when I start my weekend training sessions, I would appreciate it.

Also, if you could tell me what to back up so I can save my configuration, I will save that away and ease my next re-install. This is not the first time that I have used this product. I have started the class on three different platforms, and each place the hardware gave me trouble. So I have gone through the installation many times. I just do not relish doing it again.

Charlie

0 Likes