Sublime Forum

Bug: AFP folder not expanding in folder tree in sidebar

Running Sublime Text 2.0.1, build 2217 on Linux (3.9.9-1-ARCH x86_64).

I work at a remote location via a secure VPN connection. When this VPN connection is up and running, I mount my AFP shared folders. Mounting is done as a FUSE filesystem.

When I add this folder or any of its subfolders to my project (or via File -> Open Folder), it shows the first level of depth. When trying to expand one of the subfolders, nothing happens. I can browse to every file though, via the Open File dialog window.

My file explorer opens them just fine. Both the file explorer and Sublime Text 2 are running as the same user, privileges are checked and are OK.

Nightly build (Sublime Text 3) has exactly the same issue.

I ran Sublime Text 2 via GDB to no avail.

If any more information is needed, I’m glad to be of service.

UPDATE: I had my Sublime Text 2 window open for quite a while now. I checked back (to quit the program actually) and clicked to expand a folder just one more time. Guess what: they all expand fine now. It’s like ST2 was building a cache of the tree in the background. All subfolders are now opening without any latency (don’t forget it goes thru a VPN connection). This behavior is not really user friendly. But it works, so I can work now… :wink:

0 Likes