Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Can't make default editor in windows

Re: Can't make default editor in windows

Postby Kelderic on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 pm

kane_t wrote:I think I can help you get Open With/default editor working. The problem is that the Sublime Text uninstaller doesn't remove a particular registry entry referring to Sublime Text 2's sublime_text.exe, which prevents Windows from adding an entry for Sublime Text 3's sublime_text.exe.

To correct it manually, open regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\, find the sublime_text.exe entry, and delete it. You should now be able to set Sublime Text 3 as the default editor for anything you want.

Today I finally got around to updating from ST2 to 3, and this issue was driving me crazy. Thank you for the fix. I'd have given up in frustration probably. Thank you so much!
Kelderic

Postby Deadpool13 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 am

kane_t wrote:I think I can help you get Open With/default editor working. The problem is that the Sublime Text uninstaller doesn't remove a particular registry entry referring to Sublime Text 2's sublime_text.exe, which prevents Windows from adding an entry for Sublime Text 3's sublime_text.exe.

To correct it manually, open regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\, find the sublime_text.exe entry, and delete it. You should now be able to set Sublime Text 3 as the default editor for anything you want.

Thank the Force lol, was going nuts with the rest of these guys.
Nil nisi veritatem video, nil scio, nil studeo. Veritas sum.
Deadpool13

Postby Djinxd on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:20 pm

I too made an account just to say thanks for this post.

I am guessing fixing this isn't too big of a deal with the uninstaller?
Djinxd

Postby tucq88 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 am

I read this and follow your intructions. After that, I come back here, click to Register Button, Register Information, Get keyword, Complete My Registeration and Post this reply, Just to say THANK YOU !!! IT WORKED !!!
tucq88

Postby amorphousadam on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Worked for me, thank you!
amorphousadam

Previous

Return to Technical Support