Sublime Forum

How to remove auto complete tags?

I don’t mean the tab auto complete, but when I’m writing “</” it auto completes it to “” which i don’t wanna get. I want to write it out myself.
I see everyone is using Sublime text and everyone is recommending it. So I am trying to give it a try to be my default text editor, but I really wanna write my code myself.

0 Likes

Click on the menu Preferences > Settings - User and add the following line:

"auto_close_tags": false,

You can see all the available options by clicking Preferences > Settings - Default.

There may also be plugins (Tag, Emmet, etc.) that provide this behavior, if you have any installed.

I’m not a tremendous fan of autocompletion, but I find the auto close tags to be terrifically useful feature once you get used to it.

Alex

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]Click on the menu Preferences > Settings - User and add the following line:

"auto_close_tags": false,

You can see all the available options by clicking Preferences > Settings - Default.

There may also be plugins (Tag, Emmet, etc.) that provide this behavior, if you have any installed.

I’m not a tremendous fan of autocompletion, but I find the auto close tags to be terrifically useful feature once you get used to it.

Alex[/quote]

Thanks a lot! :smiley: Just what i was looking for, maybe i will start using it some time later, I just don’t want to many changes at once as I just started to use sublime text

0 Likes