Sublime Forum

How to change Mouse_Scroll speed?

I have been looking all over google and IRC for help for this and I cant find anything…

I just want to increase the amount of lines that are scrolled when I use the mouse wheel.
I found this and made a sublime-mousemap file:

{ "button": "scroll_down", "modifiers": "ctrl"], "command": "scroll_lines", "args": {"amount": -40.0 }, "press_command": "" }, 
{ "button": "scroll_up", "modifiers": "ctrl"], "command": "scroll_lines", "args": {"amount": 40.0 }, "press_command": "" } 
]

Unfortunately it REQUIRES the “ctrl” modifier… If you remove it, it stops working…

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you,
Curtis

0 Likes

Just simple search in settings file with “scroll” will show you this line:

[quote] // Set to 0 to disable smooth scrolling. Set to a value between 0 and 1 to
// scroll slower, or set to larger than 1 to scroll faster
“scroll_speed”: 1.0,[/quote]

0 Likes

@ArtDesire: Just simple testing would reveal it does something different than the OP is asked for. :unamused:

Curtis: the simplest way would be to setup your mouse settings in windows control panel (or your target OS’s settings), where you can actually set how many lines the scroll event should roll.

0 Likes

any luck with this?
Linux sucks with some unified global working mouse wheel speed

0 Likes

@DoTheEvo, yes. I’ve figured it out for Linux at least. Here’s my answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64289510/how-do-i-change-the-mouse-wheel-scroll-speed-in-sublime-text-3/64289511#64289511. I’ve increased my mouse wheel scroll speed from 3 lines per tick to 9 lines per tick, which feels much more natural…

0 Likes