Sublime Forum

ST3: problems with UAC elevation on Windows

Hi,

I found the fact that ST3 only allows a single running instance a bit inconvenient. The problems are:

1. If I start ST3 elevated (either because I need to edit a file that’s only writable by admin, or because I happened to be working from an elevated command window), I cannot open a new file from explorer or from an unelevated command prompt. I assume the new unelevated process found a previous instance running, and wanted the previous instance to open the new file, but it cannot communicate with the previous process because it’s under a higher UIPI integrity level.

2. If I start ST3 unelevated like I normally do, I cannot start an elevated instance without closing the previous one either. I can open new files for sure, but I do not gain the administrator’s privileges to the file.

I’m running ST3 stable v3047 on Windows 8. Can you change the behavior so that there is one instance per user context rather than per machine?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I second this. The behavior described by forcey would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

Same problem still persist.

running st3 as administrator blocks others file to be opened with st3 while non directly loaded by it.

st3 v. 3083

0 Likes