Sublime Forum

Empty folders in sidebar in ST3 beta

I switched to the ST3 beta (build 3047) a few days ago and today the folders in most of projects are shown as empty.

The first problem I noticed was that when I started ST3 this morning it reopened two projects (as I wanted it to). One was fine, but the other had visual bands of corrupted pixels mixed in with the list of files in the sidebar. For that one I tried toggling show/hide but every time I hid a folder of files when I showed it again it was empty. Removing the folders and re-adding them did not help: still empty. Most other projects I have opened up since then just have empty folders (and none have shown the corruption). I’m on a Mac running 10.8.5 with the supplemental update.

I tried Refresh Sidebar and that had no effect.

I also tried disabling Sidebar Enhancements and quitting and restarting ST3 but that did not help. (I then then re-enabled Sidebar Enhancements and again quit and restarted ST3, but the problem is still there).

I also had a situation where ST3 was using all available CPU power for many minutes when I added a folder to a project. I presume it was reindexing something, but who knows. At the end of all that the folders were still shown as empty.

I tried switching back to ST2 and it seems OK, so I’ll just run that way for now. But if anyone has a suggestion how to get my folders back, I’ll give it a try.

0 Likes

I found (at least with ST3 build 3059) that deleting the workspace file fixes the problem. So somehow the the ST2-generated workspace was making ST3 unhappy, or else the workspace file got corrupted.

At this point things seem stable with ST3 build 3059, but it would be nice if ST3 had robust handling workspace files that it doesn’t like (e.g. ignoring them or overwriting them or posting an error message instead of silently failing to show any files in the side bar).

0 Likes