Sublime Forum

User Settings

Hey Guys,

simple question: Is it right, that all user Keybindings (default ones + plugins) are stored in one single file ("%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages\User\Default (Windows).sublime-keymap")
and every plugin has its own User - configuration file in its plugin - directory?

Greetings,

Karsten

0 Likes

Sorry for double - post.
Is it a good idea to store all settings (even from plugins) to User - Settings (Global, not in the plugin - package?). So if i want to backup my settings, i only need ‘Settings - User’ and ‘User Keybinding’?

0 Likes

I finally got it. Correct me, if im wrong.

All user settings are stored under the “user” package. When i backup this, i have ALL user - settings saved (even accessed it by Preferences > Packate settings > (PLUGIN) > Settings - User.

0 Likes

The items in the Preferences menu are just links to the settings files in the Default and User packages. The settings in the User package override all other settings (including those from plugins). So you don’t need to have the whole keymap file in your User; just the stuff that you want different from the default. Make sense?

Check the docs as well:
docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/ … tings.html
sublimetext.com/docs/3/settings.html

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

Hey Alex,

thanks for your reply. Yeah, i got it. I thought that when i open (for example) the user settings for Alignment (Preferences > Package Settings > Alignment > Settings - User) that this file is stored in the Package “alignment”. But it is in the user package :smile:

Now my user settings are much smaller than before :mrgreen:

Kind regards,

Karsten

0 Likes