Sublime Forum

Save dialogs close themselves

I have a weird issue where all “save as” dialogs (save project as, save file as, save workspace as) will close themselves automatically. They open, then after a second they close themselves.

I tried uninstalling all plugins, no luck.

This is sublime text 3, build 3047, OSX Mavericks, single-user license. Can anybody else reproduce this?

0 Likes

Can´t save my files! Build 3074 on Mac

I have the same issue on the same OS, but with Sublime Text 2.0.2 build 2221. Very frustrating. 11 user license.

0 Likes

I think it is somewhat folder-dependent. In some folders it saves fine, in others it doesn’t. For example, selecting “Documents” from the left panel instantly closes the save dialog.

Does sublime text produce a log file that could help tell what’s going on?

0 Likes

Catastrophic Open file problem

I’m unable to replicate this. While Sublime Text doesn’t log anything for this scenario, my hunch about the underlying problem would be a misbehaving Quick Look plugin, and there may be some information logged about that by OS X to Console.app, which you can find under Applications/Utilities.

Another way to narrow down the problem is to find a folder that causes the issue, move all the files out of it and see if the problem goes away, and then start moving the files in one by one until you find the one that triggers the issue.

0 Likes

it happens to me without being dependent on a certain folder… see for yourself youtu.be/BnAiocWnc4s

@jps: could you be more specific about the console.app and quick look plugin?

0 Likes