I noticed that sublime will often not detect changes that are made to files by programs other than sublime. For example, I have a refactoring python script that I use to rename variables. I use this script because I sometimes don't like the result of sublime's replace-all-across-files, which also seems to work the way I want about 75% of the time.
This is what I do.
1. Save my changes to myCode.cpp
2. run python script from command line that changes many variables in different files, including myCode.cpp
3. Run the shell command "more myCode.cpp" to verify the change has occured.
4. Look back at sublime and see that the update has not been picked up.
5. Do a little typing in sublime to see if this would trigger detection, it does not.
6. Close the file and reopen the myCode.cpp. This, too, does not work and the file contents are still shown as old
7. Hunt down I close all instances of myCode.cpp across all of my split windows (I use a custom window splitter similar to Origami), THEN open mycode.cpp
It is not until step 7 that the file is reread from disk and the change is noted. Is there anything I can do to fix or work around this problem?
I am using sublime 3 beta, so this may be just an issue with that version.