Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Scrolling not working on Surface Pro 2

Scrolling not working on Surface Pro 2

Postby JoeHazzers on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm using the latest sublime text 3 build (3047) and I'm unable to scroll at all using two fingers on the Type Cover touchpad on my Surface Pro 2 running windows 8.1.

The scroll works fine in other applications, and the problem persists after rebooting. Further to this, it seems that Sublime Text 3 doesn't properly support touch input on Windows 8 (as sliding my finger vertically over the text selects it instead of scrolls).

Are there any solutions to these two problems?
JoeHazzers

Re: Scrolling not working on Surface Pro 2

Postby Zenexer on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:07 am

Having the same problem. It's really annoying. I tried sublime.log_input(True), but nothing gets logged for scrolling. I was hoping maybe it was sending some odd key event.
Zenexer

Postby frantz on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:51 pm

I second that issue. Would be nice to have some feedback about that problem from developer. Notice that scrolling works as expected on Lighttable.
frantz

Postby trjast on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Still no changes. I'm running ST3 Build 3059 on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 Pro. Two finger scrolling works perfectly in fullscreen view but not in the normal window. It really does make it near impossible to work when I can't scroll.
trjast

Postby andersaamodt on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:12 pm

This is also a problem on my Surface 3. I installed Sublime Text 2 and scrolling worked, but when I disabled DPI scaling (by right-clicking the sublime text .exe and going to the Compatability tab) because it was blurry in Windows 8, the scrolling stopped working. This is a basic feature so I hope it gets working soon!
andersaamodt

Return to Technical Support