So i have been having this problem for a while now. Sublime Text is unusably slow for me when I run win 8.1. I am seeing visible lag on the scale of half a second. Like i hit the down arrow and .5 seconds later my cursor goes down a line. I have tried a number of things to fix this problem including, turning off indexing, allowing sublime through my firewall, turning off telemetry, not using folders and only opening files directly, turning off animations, removing all addons\packages, and running in compatibility mode. Nothing i try solves this problem.
So some interesting symptoms of this problem revolve around what applications I have running. So if i run only ST3(or ST2 they both have the problem) it will run fine. But if i then open chrome(Pandora), outlook and lync, sublime screeches to a halt. At that point if i close any of the other apps it will run normally, until i open another app. I am by no means taxing my system. i have 12gb of ram and a I7 processor. I am using something like 10% of CPU and 30% memory and 0-4% disk.
I have read somewhere that turning off your firewall could possibly solve this problem but that really isn't an option for me at work. also the task manager isn't registering any unusual activity from the firewall so I find it strange that it would be that.
The final symptom that i find strange is if sublime is being slow while i say only have 2 applications open(which can happen but rarely) then i can get it to run normally if i un-fullscreen it. Like make the window only take up 1/3 of my screen. I run 1900x1200 so on the higher end of resolutions but nothing crazy.
I really really want to use sublime but it simply doesn't work correctly with my setup. I work for a company that does not allow for a wide variety of support applications. So the apps listed above cannot be replaced. Until this problem is fixed or I find an acceptable solution to this problem i have to put sublime text on the shelf and use a different editor. Which is a shame cause i really like sublime, when its working. So please somebody fix this cause i have already spent far to much time trying to find a way around it.