Sublime Forum

Symlinked Folders Not Working

On OSX Mac (Lion and Mavericks) when i have symlinked folders the file tree on the left does not work correctly. Clicking on the folder does not reveal the child files / directories. If i right-click and create a file in the folder, then all of the other files show up. It seems like the issue occurs on the folder that other folders are symlinking to as well as the actual symlink

for example if directory “a” symlinks to directory “b” then directory a works but directory b doesn’t (show children on click).

Sublime Build is 3059.

0 Likes

Edit your project file and enable follow @links as follows:

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"follow_symlinks": true,
		"path": "C:\\project\\path..."
	}
]

}
[/code]

Maybe that works

0 Likes

I can confirm this one. Even with the above settings suggested by tito (which is my default).

Symlinks to a folder outside of the project root work fine, but, if you take a folder in the project root and symlink it as a sibling under a new name that symlink wont show contents. Not really sure why you’d even want to do this haha… but it does lead to the described bug in the OP.

0 Likes

Same here, I have to hit ‘refresh folders’ from the menu to see new files and such I create. :thermometer_face:

0 Likes

Yes, unfortunately the current symlink/duplicate detection isn’t 100%. We can’t allow adding duplicate folders to the catalog because it can lead to infinite catalog when there are recursive symlinks. Right now the first version of a folder found (deduped by inode) is considered the master copy. If that first version is a symlink, the OS usually won’t report filesystem events on it, so manual refreshes are required.

My hope is to spend a little time on this at some point in the future, but I don’t have an ETA in mind.

1 Like