Sublime Forum

Adaptive Goto File

Are there any plans to make Goto File adaptive like TextMate, in the sense that recently used files appear at the top of the default file list, before you start typing anything? Preferably the first file in the list should be selected, so that a simple Enter will switch to it. I much prefer this over ctrl-tab when switching frequently between more than two files, since it allows me to quickly select the file I’m after rather than cycle blindly through a list of screens.

I would also prefer images and other binary files not to appear in the Goto lists, but I guess that may be on your TODO list already :smile:

0 Likes

Does command+t do what you’re looking for?
You can also make it so command+p does this by default by adding

{ "keys": "super+p"], "command": "show_overlay", "args": {"overlay": "goto", "show_files": true} },
to your user keymap file. (the key here is the “show_files”:true part)

0 Likes

As far as I can tell, there is no change in the order after switching back and forth between the second and the fourth result many, many times. I had hoped that they would move to the top after a (short) while. Do they change for you?

I am seeing the same behaviour for Goto File (cmd-t) and Goto Anything (cmd-p). And I always have to use the down arrow key to select the first result, instead of being able to tap Enter to select the first result.

But I wasn’t aware of “show_files” - I thought that was possible only for the Goto File chooser. So my question really applies to Goto Anything as well.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

No, they don’t change for me… It looks like the list is in the same order as the tabs, and not in most-recently-viewed order.
Goto File is the same as Goto Anything; the only difference is the show_files argument tells the panel to show a list of files before you’ve started typing.

0 Likes