I'm trying Sublime and already I have to give up on a lot of luxuries that Komodo has given it, primarily syntax checking and having a debugger at hand. I can live without the debugger, but syntax checking is pretty basic, any self-respecting IDE should support that or at least plan support for it.
So, couple questions I have (concerning the 2.0 alpha, I'm a Mac user)..
- Any plans for syntax checking?
- Any way of navigating the source? (a list of methods that I can easily jump to in a file) - The Minimap doesnt really work for this.
- When I do a "build" or a find, I get a popin at the bottom, which is fine, but there seems to be no simple way of hiding this when I'm done, how do I get rid of it?
- Is it technically possible to add new UI elements? I would like to build in code hints and xdebug integration at some point should I choose to make this my default IDE.
- Any way to automatically perform the build command upon file save?
I'm sure I'll have more questions going forward, but those are the main ones for now.
I have to say I love the way the packages work, they are very accessible for new-comers and seem quite powerful at the same time. Looking forward to the 2.0 documentation to see what the possibilities are.
Thanks for your time.