Sublime Forum

Help with ST3?

Okay. So I just got a theme called Base 16 Monokai Dark and I downloaded it, put it in the packages folder and select it. When I type, all my text is in white? Why? Just to let you know, I only just got ST for my first time a few hours ago and am still learning the very basics. I am moving from Notepad++ to this. I am using Sublime Text 3 beta build 3059.

Thanks. :smile:

0 Likes

If you just opened a new file, the syntax is “Plain Text”, so there won’t be any coloring. Try changing the syntax to a language you are familiar with and creating a hello world for that language.

0 Likes

Clicking at the bottom right where it says “plain text” allows you to manually choose the language syntax to use. If you load a file, Sublime will usually figure that out for you from the extension and/or content. When you save a plain text file using a known extension, Sublime will also set the syntax appropriately.

Another way to do it is to use the command palette, Ctrl+Shift+P SS (for Set Syntax) PHP (for PHP language) for example. The command palette is a very fast shortcut for executing many Sublime commands.

If you haven’t already, you’ll want to install Package Control.

Try Base-16 Tomorrow Dark together with the Soda Dark theme.

Enough for now… :wink:

0 Likes