Sublime Forum

[solved] how to highlight dirty tab (red color?)

hello,
i find on all themes, it’s not obvious enough if a file has been modified (the little ‘x’ changes into a little ‘o’, same color, too small).
i thought it would be a breeze to hack into some theme and change some color value, or to colorize one of the small png’s in the theme folder.
the keyword seems to be “dirty” and i tried about everything possible on image files with “dirty” in their name and theme configurations with “dirty” in them, but to no avail.
i also tried this: github.com/buymeasoda/soda-them … difed-tabs exactly as explained there, included ] brackets, tried the same on the Default theme, nothing.
the ui never seems to change at all.
i can change themes though, no problem there.

am i missing something obvious here?

for starters, here’s $HOME/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/User/Soda Dark 3.sublime-theme

{ "class": "tab_label", "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"], "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}], "fg": [245, 100, 90] } ]and the way i understand it, this should change the whole tab red when the file has been modified, but i can see no difference to the themes default behavior.
the little x changes into a little o, but nothing else.

this is build 3059 on arch linux 64bit.

any help appreciated!

i’m not so keen on customizing, but this is an important feature for me.
i’m also open for alternative solutions (e.g. changing font color to red).

thanks!

0 Likes

Maybe the option “highlight_modified_tabs” is what you’re looking for. Try to add it in your Preferences.sublime-settings.

{ "highlight_modified_tabs": true }

0 Likes

yep, that was it.
thanks.

0 Likes