Sublime Forum

Registration "forgotten" on Xubuntu 13.10 32-bit [SOLVED]

Hello!

I’ve enetered my license - that works fine on the Mac Sublime Text 2 - a dozen times on my Linux Xubuntu 13.10 32-bit installation, and it registers successfully, giving me the message,
“Thanks for purchasing!”. But the next time I start up Sublime Text 2, it reports that it is unregistered.

Steps I followed on Xubuntu to enter the license:

• Launch Sublime Text 2 from the “Development” section of the file manager menu
  • Under “Help” menu, choose “Enter License”
  • Paste in my license and click “Use License”

At this point I get the “Thanks for purchasing!” message, and I click OK. Now if I select “About Sublime Text 2” from the “Help” menu, it shows as Registered to me.

If I quit the program and then launch it again, the window title suffix shows “(UNREGISTERED)” and it forgets that I entered my license.

I suspect a file permissions issue… but not sure where to look for which files.

[SOLVED]
And it was a file permissions issue. The problem was that I had run the software the first time under sudo (root), and so the Sublime config file was created with root ownership rather than my user ownership.

Fixed it with the command format of:
sudo chown -R yourusername:yourusername /home/yourusername/.config/sublime-text-2

Thanks to: askubuntu.com/questions/172698/h … ime-text-2

I’ll just post this here, because I looked here in the support forum first, and maybe this will help someone else.

0 Likes