Sublime Forum

Sublime using 100% cpu

After deleting one folder at a time in ~/.config/sublime-text-3/ I found that my Session.sublime_metrics file was causing the issue of sublime using 100% CPU.
I confirmed it by

1. deleting the whole sublime-text-3 folder
  2. letting sublime initiate a completely new config
  3. seeing that sublime uses next to no CPU
  4. quitting sublime
  5. copying over the old Session.sublime_metrics file
  6. launching sublime
  7. seeing that sublime uses 100% CPU again

See the file here https://gist.github.com/despairblue/38024b807b1817283b15

0 Likes

Can you please fill a bug github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues

0 Likes

I just confirmed this by downloading the file, Here is the weird thing: it will work normally until you try to open some menu from the main menu bar, then it will block.

0 Likes

The oddest thing I see about that file is the major duplication of the packages going on, seems like that might be the cause of it.

0 Likes

Thanks subhaze, I just deduplicated the packages and attempted some few things. The problem is the date, the date is in future time: 1473242794 = Wed, 07 Sep 2016 10:06:34 GMT

Filled github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/325

0 Likes

Thanks for submitting the issue. Didn’t even know that there is an issue tracker for sublime text. That should probably be mentioned on the support page.

I thought the forum subscribes me to my own threads automatically. As it does not I didn’t get any notifications. Sry for the late response.

The future date is because my hardware clock won’t keep track of time while in suspend making it jump as far as 2021 sometimes until NTP corrects it.

0 Likes