Sublime Forum

Accents

Hello, i’m using Lubuntu Lubuntu 14.04 LTS and just installed sublime text 3.

My apologies for my bad english, but I can’t use accents like ã,õ,ẽ,ĩ. I saw this problem in Sublime Text 2, but not in Sublime Text 3. My language is pt-br.

0 Likes

Which key combinations are needed to type those letters?
probably some commands are binded to the same key sequence trapping the keys, you should look into Default keybindings to see if that’s the case, and if so, remap the guilty commands to other keys in User keybinding file.

hope it helps

0 Likes

Hi there!

I’m facing a similar problem. I can’t use any kind of accentuation inside sublime text 3 in Lubuntu 14.04.
It has happened in another computer with ubuntu 10.04 as well.

When I start typing something like é í ó ú ô ê sublime don’t recognize I’m typing accents and gives me: ´e ´i ´u ^o ^e.
Every other packages I have here works fine, except for sublime.
My language is also pt-br, so one more case and I’ve seen some equal cases happening to people using Swedish and German keyboards.
It seems to be some problem with non English keyboards.
Does anybody have any idea of how to fix this?

0 Likes

Same problem here.
Currently, I’m using Sublime Text Build 3065 in Kubuntu 14.04, with pt-pt keyboard.
The key combination in order to get an accented letter is “accent” + “letter”. Example: “~”-key + “a”, that should yield “ã”, but the result is ~a, instead.
I cannot find any conflict in key bindings, but maybe I’m not searching for it properly…
On my system, this problem only exists inside Sublime Text. Any other text editor works fine.

0 Likes

Same problem here. After upgrade to Xubuntu 14.04 from Xubuntu 12.04, sublime text 2 is not producing two key accents for Greek letters.

0 Likes

+1 Same problem with build 3065 on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

0 Likes

Possible Solution:

I was able to fix the issue by adding the key bindings for the vowels. You can copy them from the Gist I created:

https://gist.github.com/andradei/bcae5a2f6ad4cf455521

Paste them (just the content inside the brackets) in your Key Bindings - User file.

Notes:

]After saving Key Binding User, all I had to do was switch to my non US keyboard layout and I could type normally (even without typing “alt + ~ + a” for example, just " ~ + a" worked fine)./]
]Cedilla worked properly after adding those key bindings. But you can add it yourself if you need it (or any other character)./]

0 Likes

Thanks for your solution, sargas. Unfortunately, it does not work for me.

0 Likes

Friendly bump… Unfortunately Sargas’ solution didn’ t work for me either

0 Likes

" *Hello,

Disable IBUS on system configuration. Set to default or none input method from System Settings >> Language Support >> Default input method.

Restart the computer. All done. * " (from ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2218032)

For configure ibus : $ im-config.
Select « none », it works better.

With this method, now, it’s okay for me on Sublime Text and Lubuntu / Ubuntu 14.04, I can write all the accents and diacritics ( ^ ¨ ê ë î î …).

2 Likes

Thanks, Juanes852, but unfortunately your proposed solution does not work on Kubuntu 14.04.

0 Likes

Juanes852 your solution worked for me on Ubuntu 14.10. Thanks.

0 Likes

Apologies for the bump, yet I appear to be having similar issues with Greek accents in Sublime Text 2. I’m running LMDE 2 “Betsy” x86_64, with the MATE desktop. To wit:

jasonfil@hp ~ $ cat /etc/debian_version 8.1 jasonfil@hp ~ $ uname -r 3.16.0-4-amd64

I cannot seem to be able to properly input Greek accents, as shown in the following screenshot:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kBRFvMqYp5KiuWV7NnfYnddCZto1hLnRWfj88PVpOLc=w698-h80-no

My input methods are clean:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/laehDbTcBRTghUVpbT8o3vjsiYsSslYQs9urCZB5PLk=w806-h503-no

This limits itself to Sublime, the default gedit-like text editor that MATE has (pluma) behaves well with Greek accents. I should also mention that I followed the advice of sargas, but this did not solve my issue.

0 Likes

@Juanes852 Worked for me on Lubuntu 16.04 and Sublime build 3114

0 Likes

Helped me a lot, worked on Fedora, selecting none input method. This way I could still work with Build 4126.

0 Likes