Sublime Forum

\cite

Hi everyone,

The auto-completion is really something wonderful when working on .tex files with LatexTools-plugin.
While writing my report, I often use \cite{} for citation, and the auto-completion trigger as soon as I write \cite{
Until now, no problem, I often refresh my .bib with Mendeley when I have article to add in it, and I find it automatically after compiling my whole project (with \bibliography{Bibliography_Mendeley} of course).
Unfortunately, since yesterday, the auto-completion doesn’t trigger anymore while writing \cite{. I noticed it when releasing my latest .bib file with Mendeley. Note that the command \ref{ work well.

Any idea ?

• Lucas
0 Likes

It sounds like either:

1. An update to the plugin happened and might have changed/broke things
  2. A new plugin was installed and is overriding things.

For 1 you could check the plugin repo and see if there was an update, if so report your findings there if they have an issue tracker.
For 2 you could disable any new plugins installed in your user settings file via the ignored_packages property. You could also open up ST’s console via “ctrl+`” and enter “sublime.log_commands(True)” to see what commands are getting triggered which might prove helpful.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help.
Here’s what the console write me while typing “\cite{” :

command: latex_ref_cite {“insert_char”: “{”}
True True
Dispatching cite
TEX root: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\thesis.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\thesis.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\titlepage.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Introduction.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Chap1_Contexte_du_stage.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Chap2_tech_def_prob.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Chap3_materiel_methodes.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Chap4_Quantif.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Chap5_Optim.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\chapters\Conclusions.tex’
Searching file: ‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\appendices\Appendix.tex’
Bib files found:
‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\Bibliography_Mendeley.bib’]
Files:
‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\Bibliography_Mendeley.bib’]
‘C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\Desktop\Rapport stage\Bibliography_Mendeley.bib’ has 687 lines
Cannot process this @ line: @misc{,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py”, line 549, in run_
return self.run(edit)
File “C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\LaTeXTools\latex_cite_completions.py”, line 417, in run
completions, prefix, post_brace, new_point_a, new_point_b = get_cite_completions(view, point)
File “C:\Users\Hq4zHe3L\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\LaTeXTools\latex_cite_completions.py”, line 287, in get_cite_completions
print ("Previous record " + entry)
TypeError: Can’t convert ‘dict’ object to str implicitly

0 Likes

Ok, my bad, one Book was ill-written in Mendeley, forcing him to class it as “misc” (which I can found in .bib file). I modified it, everything is correct (auto-completion, here I come).
Thanks a lot for guiding me through the console with your command.
Have a nice day !

• Lucas
0 Likes