Sublime Forum

Side Bar do not show files with custom extension

I’ve files with extensions “.class” in my project, but is not showing in Side Bar.

When I search (with “CTRL+R” and extinguish “@”), too don’t show.

0 Likes

It will show them, however, *.class is in the file_exclude_patterns you’ll need to update that property in your User Settings file so see *.class files.

Below is the, current, default setting for ST 3

"file_exclude_patterns": "*.pyc", "*.pyo", "*.exe", "*.dll", "*.obj","*.o", "*.a", "*.lib", "*.so", "*.dylib", "*.ncb", "*.sdf", "*.suo", "*.pdb", "*.idb", ".DS_Store", "*.class", "*.psd", "*.db", "*.sublime-workspace"],
0 Likes

@subhaze how do we undo that default setting? I have to see .obj and .exe files but there’s no way to show them that I know of.

0 Likes

You want to select Preferences > Settings from the menu (Sublime Text > Preferences > Settings if you’re on MacOS). That will open up a new window with default settings on the left and your user settings on the right.

From here you can copy the file_exclude_patterns from the defaults to your user settings and then remove the entries for the file types that you want to show, which will override the defaults with your custom setting.

If you’re using an older build of Sublime, you’ll see two entries for Settings in the menu; - User and - Default. If that’s the case, pick both of them. That will open both sets of settings in the current window and you can perform the same operation as above.

That said, if you want those kind of files to appear in the sidebar you probably also want to copy binary_file_patterns from the default settings to your own custom settings and add any types that you removed from the file_exclude_patterns to that setting.

Removing the patterns from file_exclude_patterns will make them show up in the sidebar, but without telling Sublime that they’re binary it will also look inside them when you do searches in files, which is probably not what you want.

0 Likes